The internet provides something almost no other medium can: fierce anonymity. After spreading my url around via friends and relatives to get myself read, I've realized a curbing of my thoughts. I don't say what I really think here, and that was a big part of creating this in the first place. I've been wondering should I create a different blog to put those sorts of things on, but then I question whether I would post to it. I hardly post to this one. But I think I would post more often if I felt I could really express myself freely. It's weird, this monster I've created.
I wanted to keep my family (read: Mom) up to date on our doings; things I get involved in, house projects and general things. But then I wanted to write more intimate things, relationship snafus, fears, hopes, dreams, and am not sure how often people would read this who know me personally, or how much of this they would take to heart. Perhaps I'll quit this blog and start another. Or just morph it into something more along the lines of what I really want it to be. Perhaps not.
I just wish for a place to figure things out a bit more without preconceived notions of me getting in the way. I do have to grant those notions are ones I'm projecting onto other people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Go for it, chica!
I heard a news report about blogs can be excellent places for the psychotic to find one's weaknesses and use them for their perverted purposes. Unfortunately, the psychotic among us are extremely intent and intelligent at what they set out to do.
Yes I do read your blog! Mom
Post a Comment