10.15.2005

Gimme Gucci

I had my annual eye check up last Thursday. My insurance will pay for a new frame [not more than $130] and lenses. So my perscription hadn't changed that much but enough that new lenses would be nice to have and who doesn't want to change their look now and then with frames? So I perused. And I made E give opinions. There were purple frames, wire frames, frames I swear my mother wore in her college yearbook picture. So nineteen-seventies. I finally decided on a Gucci pair. Now I know you're thinking, "Gucci frames HAVE to cost more than $130!" Well they do. But the cheaper version didn't have those good ol' flex-spring hinges on the ear pieces. And those who know me well know I read at night with my glasses pressed in the pillow taking full advantage of those spring hinges. I'm getting excited about picking them up. They're a thicker plastic frame, but they seem more fashionable than I usually get. I think I found a picture of them online but since I only saw the actual frame for about 10 minutes, they could be different. But here it is:

3 comments:

LadyBoyd said...

Snazzy! Are they purple, or just my laptop screen changing color?

:D

mrspooley said...

Well they're kinda brownish black. Since they're plasticy the color can seem different from dif angles, or lighting. They're super cool! :)

LadyBoyd said...

w00t! Can;t wait to see them!