It was a normal day; not unlike any other weekday. Except for one thing.
I'm at home; fiddling around the kitchen. "What shall I eat for lunch today?" I mused. "Ethan! what are the cats doing in the laundry room? Make them stop!"
"Um, it's not the cats, Caryn. It's a squirrel, " Ethan replies nonchalantly.
"WHAT!?" I scream. "Alive??!!"
"Yup."
Oh my word. There was a cat outside the cat door, acting as guard, and a cat sitting OH SO DEMURELY at the laundry door. And they were just WATCHING the frantic squirrel run back and forth trying to hide. I could have strangled them.
But their cuteness saved them just in time.
So we lock the cats in the bathroom; and clear the laundry room of unnecessary items in our way; and of course the squirrel runs BEHIND the washer and dryer. Erg.
So about 30 minutes later; a rearrangement of the laundry room which entails moving large appliances; and a few pokes with a large stick later; we get the injured and freaking out animal into a box. We haul him (or her) outside and tip the open box over. [S]he jumps out and runs for the nearest tree. The cats must have gotten it by the neck and or shoulder because he couldn't really jump straight. It was more of a sideways hustle. But [s]he made it up the tree.
Between that run-in, and the two wings, and two feet found in the kitchen amidst some feather and a few blood drops, and the bird they killed and ate outside, thank goodness, I could smack them senseless. Ah the joys of felinehood.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment