4.03.2005

Stress Relief

Example 1:
After working at CoWW for 30 months, I receive a tour of the extended facilities.
Compare to -
Will start working for PoWW in a week, and they already offered me a tour WITH MY EXTENDED FAMILY IN TOW.
And you wonder why I'll take a job that pays 2/3 of my current salary.

We didn't end up taking said tour, as Ethan became sick at home last Friday. He had been sick in NY too but had felt better. Then went down again. Thank goodness he's better now. He so rarely gets sick that when he's feeling really horrible, it scares me a bit.
Our visit by Maida has gone very well. She has enjoyed laying around doing nothing. She has been busy with moving and a new job for the last 2-3 months with very little down time. As an example of her dissatisfaction with her job: her new job pays less per hour and it's fulltime instead of the parttime job she did have. People listen up: You do not have to stay in a job you hate. I do reccomend having a new source of income lined up before you ditch the old one. But for pity's sake, don't stay somewhere you're not happy. It's so not worth it.
Dad should be heading over this morning to take a look at our water heater and possibly replace the seal under the toilet. He thinks it's one or the other appliance causing leakage and thus the squishy subfloor. Cross your fingers for us.
He thinks hooking the AC up to a new outlook will be no problem too, so a big whew on that one. I did forget to ask him about the light in the bathroom. So maybe he can fix that today too. Between him, Lynn and maybe Kim I think we'll have the tools and know-how to really fix this place. I'll have to take more pictures to post soon.

:)

No comments: