Oh. yeah. Baby.
Got a phone call from the Port yesterday morning to meet with the director, JK, after work yesterday. I was on pins and needles for the whole rest of the day.
Met with him and they loved me! I got the job!
I told him I'd give my 2 weeks notice yesterday and then call him to let him know exactly what day I'd be starting. I need to call the accountant lady, JH, to start paperwork and stuff. Apparently, insurance starts right away. Sounds like 100% coverage for me and 50% for dependents. But that might just be medical. I'm hoping for good vision and dental too. I do start at $22,000 but after my 6 month trial period we get to evaluate that. So maybe a raise. I'm pretty sure they won't give me a $10,000 raise to meet what I'm making now but still it's good that they'll look at it and see if I'm worth more. Which I am.
I never could have done this without my wonderful references. I will thank them profusely with cards and hopefully some small token. Maybe gift certificates to Starbucks or something. Well, maybe to the Juice & Bagel instead. I like supporting those small family businesses when I can instead of handing over more moolah to the gross conglomerate.
Their words were magnificent. Just knowing someone else thinks wonderful things about you makes you feel so worthwhile and able to accomplish ANYTHING. Ahh...
I'll post the details of the job once I start the paperwork. And then as I start learning things there after April 10.
Last day at the City is April 6. So much releif. But also so sad. I love alot of the people there. I will miss them so much, I might actually visit. Set up a lunch date or something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment