3.22.2005

Sigh of relief

The sickness, and the interview, are done. Now we wait for news.

I got a second interview at the Port which was this morning. I think it went pretty well. I think they were most concerned with why in the world would I want to leave a $33,000 job for a $22,000 one. I think I explained it... but maybe not what they would have wanted to hear. I hope it didn't come out hinky.
I got a note from one of my references that they'd called her about an hour after I'd left. So they're hot on the trail of tracking down the four finalists refs.
The house is getting slowly better. Still a couple boxes around but fewer everyday. Mom will be visiting this weekend so I'll have to clear a space upstairs before too many hours pass. I think she arrives on Thursday so there could be fewer hours than expected.

Some of you may be seeing that nice little picture of a tube of chapstick and wondering just why I use it as my icon. Well, let me explain.

I've been to Canada a few times. Vacations, school trips and all that. I discovered this chapstick in a pharmacy. And thought, huh that looks good. I'll try that one. It's like a potato chip. You can't have just one. Downside: they don't sell it in the states. Oh they sell it in just about any other county, and you can order it online from Canadian pharmacies. But you can't just go down to your local drugstore and pick up a tube. It is so good; smooth, great flavors, now they have colors and a snappy dresser, that tube of Labello. So if anyone else out there is addicted, let the company know. Maybe someday I can buy it at my local drugstore.

No comments: