2.17.2005

And the scrape goes on...

Well another layer of paint is gone. But, ya know, like 10 billion are still left. Those doors will be the death of me. I found dark pink and yellow paint this time. I decided to use a plum purple color on the inside of the bedroom door. So that's motivating me to finish stripping the old paint off. I just can't quite deal with all those layers. Does seem kinda silly to remove paint and then paint again. Sheesh.
Ethan has finished installing our test/first built in book case. One coat of sealer is on and I'll do another tonight. We're leaving them plain wood; we used pine. It's actually really neat! I can't quite beleive we did the project our (read Ethan)-selves!
I'm off work this Monday (thank you federal holiday) so I'm heading to my bro and sis-in-law's house. Bro's leaving on another cruise (darn that Navy) but sis will be there and (yeay!) my newly engaged cousin will come too! So it'll be a great girls weekend.
On the cat front, we thought Nibblet was double toothed last week. I did a little searching online and found that some cats do have double eyeteeth (like extra toes on their paws) and some have to be pulled so they don't have problems. I also learned that cat's have baby teeth too. They lose them around six months when their adult teeth come in. So his gums were red and irritated looking. Called the vet, got an opinion, made an appointment for dental surgery (ew).
The next day, checked Nib's mouth again - only one eye tooth each side! Whew! So no surgery, only normal growth for this guy. Or so we thought.
I got up this morning, bleary-eyed and headed for the bathroom to shower and get ready. Saw Nibbers on the way and he wasn't using right front paw. It looked twice as big as normal - so swollen! "Oh no! He's hurt! He got run over! What's wrong?" went thru my head. I tried to check him out but he got squirmy and wouldn't let me touch the paw. Tried to rouse E and of course got the "grunt snort what time hack" roll over thing. So figured I'd try again when I got out of the shower.
20 minutes later, saw Nibber's blood on the floor. Instead of just the underside of his paw hurt, now there was blood coming off the top too! This news finally got E out of bed. (hmpf) And he called around to find a vet who could see him right away. I got ready like SuperWoman and we were off. Nibber's crying all the way. They shaved his paw. It was a cut that got infected they think and formed an abcess. Then the abcess burst. They had to sedate him and they also gave him his shots. His paw is all wrapped to the elbow and he shakes it all funny every once in awhile. We have to take him back tomorrow to have the bandage changed. And there's also the antibiotic to give him morning and night - with a dropper. It looks like Pepto Bismal. :)
Munchkin started hissing at him when we brought him home at lunch. Can't get him to stop. He must smell like dog or medicine or something. Really threw off Munchers. hehe.
Gotta pack now. Happy Sailing A!

No comments: