7.02.2009

Cancun Adventures: Day 4 & 5

Day 4
Tuesday headed to Cancun Palace for our free massages and my manicure. We ate breakfast (free!) and then headed to the spa. The massage was devine and my nails are a wonderful light purple.
We got some swimming in, and had lunch (free!).
We were kinda bored with hanging around a different hotel so we hopped in another taxi back to our hotel for a nap and some computer time with O. We could have gone back to Cancun Palace for free dinner but we decided their cafeteria style food wasn't what we were looking for.
We decided to eat at Planet Hollywood. They had a fantastic vegetarian burger that they must have made themselves. Ethan had their salmon dinner and a large plate of caramel crepes.

Day 5
Wednesday was our Adventure Cancun day - zip-lining! Turns out Holkan Kingdom is based on a book series I have yet to research. But the zip-lines were multiple not just one. They had towers built around this swampish, river area. 10 zip-lines and 2 suspended bridges later, I only had a small scrape on my ankle from not pulling my feet up fast enough and so much adrenaline running through me I didn't know if I liked it or not! :) I thoroughly enjoyed it. I think there were enough zip-lines that I finally got the hang of it when we were done. And I've got their overly priced souvenir photo to prove I did it!

We were done by lunch so we decided to nap a bit and then try to get out to Isla Mujeres since we missed it earlier. We got the ferry over and loved the beaches! So much white sand and so warm and shallow so far out! The sand at our hotel is actually broken shells so it feels quite a bit different.
Ethan got to snorkel a bit while I sunned myself and then we swam a bit. We ate dinner at a fantastic Italian place called Pizza Rolandi's. Ethan got ravioli's (what else?) and I choose the spinach cannelloni's. So yummy! We walked a bit more to look at the different shops and then headed back to the ferry. We caught it just at 7 which here is just before sundown. Check out my pictures from the ferry on picasa. They should be up later today.
The ferry had a closed portion and then an open air top. Since we were wet from swimming (you never dry here) we were not allowed inside. Haha.

No comments: