7.02.2009

Cancun Adventures: Day 2 & 3

Day 2
Well, Sunday we set out for Market 28 downtown which was supposed to be this great flea market. It was raining and we got off maybe a stop too early so we were very wet. Caught a taxi the rest of the way to make sure we didn't get lost. It was a very large and rambling market but there were basically only a few kinds of merchandise: silver, cigars, t-shirts and woven bracelets, purses and wraps. I got a few things but we didn't walk around too much.

We ate lunch in the center of the market at a little Mexican place. It was good food and out of the rain!

While eating I saw a black kitten on the roof of a nearby stall. A flock of pigeons was in the little square next to us and kids were chasing them and throwing pieces of bread (or tortilla? It was hard to tell.) at them to make them fly. A bunch of birds flew over the kitten all at once and he launched himself up to grab one, going end over end but he only caught air. It was quite the acrobatic show.

After coming back to the hotel we took a dip and decided to try the Indian place across the street in the outdoor mall. It was fantastic! If you ever come to Cancun, try Elefanta. I think it only opened a few months ago. The view is great, especially at sundown, and the food is awesome.

Day 3
Monday was supposed to be our Isla Mujeres tour. A little island with shopping, snorkling, diving and even better beaches than Cancun. But I was hit with a bit of intestinal nastiness so we decided to nap it out.
We did some more swimming in the pool and not much else. I did get to watch The Bachelorette on TV. Woot!

No comments: