8.12.2007

You're Invited!

My aunt is throwing me a baby shower in Portland in a few weeks. My mom will be throwing one here at home in a month or so, but there are a number of you that won't be able to attend either. So here's the party for you!

To start with, you can take my little quiz and find out how well you know me! Even if you're planning on attending a shower in person, feel free to participate here as well! The more the merrier!

Test your CarynIQ


Your second party task is to leave me some tried and true (or simply a guess at) Mommy Advice in the comments. Could be something you know from experience, something a friend or relative told you, or just something silly you want me to know/remember! This is also the Guest Book, so be sure to leave at least your name and say you were here!

For those of you who would like (this is SOOO not mandatory! I'm much more interested in your participation here and support in the next few months), here are links to my Baby Registries:

Target
Walmart
Babies'r'Us

For those of you with blogs of your own, we still need some pretend refreshment posted somewhere. You could also make your own game, just link to your post in the comments so we can all find it.

Next up, I'll be posting a new belly picture tomorrow. In the comments of that post, leave your guess as to how many inches around you think my belly is.

Finally, have some figurative cake. I really splurged on this one so eat up!

Thanks for coming! And check back tomorrow for the Belly Game! :)

PS. I'm trying to figure out a way to get prizes to the guest who gets the best score on the quiz, and the guest who guesses the closest to the actual size of my tummy. I'll be checking the comments to see who wins! I'll contact you by email if/when I can think of an 'online' prize. :)

EDITED TO ADD: Two lucky winners, one for the Girth Guess and one for the CarynIQ Quiz will win a $5 giftcard to their choice of the following stores: Barnes and Noble, Starbucks, Burger King, Kmart, or Panera Bread. Bring on the competition!

1 comment:

LadyBoyd said...

I got a 90! Woot!

ADVICE FROM DA BOYDS:
This is advice based on experience with 5 babies of my close aquaintance. Get a lot of sleep sacks, zip up sleepers, any kind of sleepers that open all the way down the front and one leg. When they are REALLY small, the hardest thing about getting them dressed is fear for the wobbly neck, and the hardest thing about changing diapers and undressing them. With those, its much more simple. You lie the baby down, undo it's nighty, change the diaper, and do it back up again.