7.28.2006

Way to go!

Back story:
My mom really likes the Whidbey Island area and has found that out by visiting my brother and sister-in-law there many times over the past couple of years. My brother was based there with the Navy. He just got out and they're currently migrating to Tennesee where he's going back to school.
Well, my mom has been just browsing the area for jobs and apartments and such. A few weeks ago this perfect job was advertised and she got her stuff together and applied. She was called for an interview (woot!) and went up there for a day trip last Tuesday. She wasn't so sure how the interview went since there were a couple answers she gave that didn't go over so well. But I heard her tell the story and I think it's just that interivew nervousness that made her think that for the most part.
And now:
She calls me at work this morning and says they offered her the job! She got it! (WOOT!) We talked for a bit on the logistics of actually taking it and her moving up there and she was scared. Her reactions are just like mine when life altering decisions have to be made. We're meek and scared and think of all the things that could go wrong with the situation before we think of all the fantastic stuff.

She was heading off to talk it over with a friend so I told her I'd do a little research on places to stay on my end and see what I could find. Then she leaves me a message that they offered her a good CHUNK more than she makes at her current job - so she just TOOK it. :)
Yeay! I can't believe it and yet I so can! I'm glad she's pushing ahead and making this change. It will work out. I'll go over and help her clear out her basement and get rid of some stuff and probly help pack boxes; she has to be up there in a few weeks!

I am SOOOO proud of my mama! She got a new job!

1 comment:

Xboyd said...

Thanks, Sweetie! I can't really believe it myself, but here I go! I feel like one of those infamous balloons lifting off, or like Dr. Seuss's "Oh, the places you'll go!"

Life is weird. Love ya, CB1