12.19.2005

Just like Daddy

When I was little my daddy was in charge of all the telephones in an Adventist hospital. He supervised about 20 or so operators and other office people. Each year at Christmas time he would make ornaments shaped like telephones. It would be a different type of phone each year. The rotary phone, digital, button, cell phone, wall phone with megaphone shaped mouth and ear piece. Sometimes they were wood cutouts, sometimes they were 3D. They were all pretty cool.

This year I decided to do something similar for my coworkers. They had 3 big projects this year that were extra big, for the little town of Walla Walla. A new airline, a new rail service to take NW produce to the Big Apple and a new wine incubator program for enterprising winemakers [plus all the already producing wineries on Airport property]. So the idea was this, put trains, planes and grapes on little trees at their desks. Well I got all industrious and had to do logos too. Here's the final result:

No comments: