
Okay so the end of our trip goes something like this.
Wednesday morning we get to sleep in a bit and have dutch babies for breakfast, lovingly prepared by my wonder MIL. YUM. She even bought raspberries for me to have on them. They don't normally do fruit, so it's extra thought to get me toppings. :)
Then it's finishing packing all those goodies I bought, and making sure we're checked in for our flight and we hit the road to Sacramento. We planned to arrive about 45 minutes before our flight but with taking the shuttle from car rentals to the terminal and checking bags and all that, we arrived at the gate just minutes before we started boarding. I did have time to go to the bathroom before we left but only barely.
Our flight is uneventful, on time and all. We get our bags and wait for Genessa to pick us up. She's a bit late as she's been out shopping with Aunt Bunny but no problem. We head to mom's, steal some of her brownies (which E always forgets she doesn't use regular ingredients). We're getting tired but decide to head out of town to miss most of the traffic instead of stopping right away for food and gas. We get to Hood River and were going to do fast food, but spotted the Horse Feather Restaurant and Brewery and it looks a lot better for our weary selves.
We're just finishing our yummy peanut Thai noodles and waiting for our check when my phone rings. I think it's my mom checking on us since it's about the time she gets home. But nope, it's a number I don't know.
I answer, and a man's voice says, "Caryn? Have you checked your messages?" And I am very confused. I say, "No. Who is this?"
"It's Rob. Can you guys turn around and come back?"
"Um, no. What's going on?"
"Megan went into labor..."
What? I'm thinking... OMG. Megan started having contractions that morning and they went to the hospital. By the time he called and got us, her water had broken and she was already 5 centimeters dialated!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it. I had just been kidding around when I told Megan I wanted to be there when she delivered. I mean really, that's not gonna happen. But it almost did.
Announcing: Lauren Audrey Gaines coming in at 5 lbs, 8 oz. and 17 inches long. Pre-term but not a Premie, Miss Lauren had a curly head of hair and big dark eyes. And here she is!
No comments:
Post a Comment