Where do I start?
Our working vacation whirled by. We loved it! But OMG, (or insert vegetarian expletive here) SO much happened. And there was NEWS on almost all fronts when we returned.
Vacation First: After finally catching our plane out of PDX, we arrived at the MIL's house about 2:30. We relaxed and chatted, got her started with her new laptop E had put together for her, and then headed to Megan's for a bbq dinner. It is just starting to get cold there in the evenings. You can still sit outside around a fire and be very comfy with a light jacket.
So the food and conversation was GREAT. And we got to hear all about Rob and Megan's plans, she's due between Dec 6 and 13.
Sunday was a play day. Ethan went out to the ranch, his dad's house for lunch and much football watching with Boppy, aka his grandfather. Since his grandmother very recently passed away it was good to spend that time having fun with him.
Maida and I headed to some thrift stores where I found a great set of purple queen sheets, a plum fleece throw, a light smokey pink sweater that should go perfectly with a work suit I have [Which reminds me, I need to wash them and do all the laundry] and various small items too good to pass up; like a BAG of Clinique items for 9 bucks. I think I got about 20 travel size items in there. It was a HUGE find. Yeay!
Monday was GIRLS DAY OUT. Maida and I met Megan at a mexican place to very yummy food. I had the Lime Chicken Quesadilla (it had artichokes and green olives!). Then we wandered to some nearby stores to get some of their errands out of the way. A great place called Farmer's Daughter. Lots of pretty, and mostly breakable decorating items and of course ALL their xmas stuff was out. Then we hit a clothing store, where Maida found a few things. Then it was Beardsleys', a Christian supply and book store. I couldn't pass up Lord of the Beans. I plan on watching it later this evening when it won't drive E nuts! [I'll let you all know how the silly songs with Elves turn out.]
The Grande Dame of the day was however, Ross Dress for Less. I found a great sweater type red skirt. A super good smelling candle also came home with me along with some comfy purple printed pj's shorts and matching long sleeve cotton top. Megan completed more of her Christmas shopping and got a number of tops she'll be able to wear after she delivers. Maida scored too, some pants and tops that are great!
End - Monday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment