I got duped into the MDA fundraiser again this year. Duped may be a bit strong... oh well.
The deal is you're supposed to raise your "bail" by their event date and if you don't have enough you call people from the "jail cell."
I've never raised that much, or really anything but I participate by telling people about it. This year my new coworkers really came thru and I raised $160! Yeay! So my free lunch doesn't feel so slimy. Although I did knock over a glass, breaking it while I was there. Eeek.
We sold our old fridge! w00t!
I saw an ad in our local paper that Pacific Power would pick up your old fridge and pay you $40! but the fridge had to be a certain size and type. They recycle all the parts instead of just emptying any bad chemicals and tossing it in the landfill. We were gonna do it but the people a friend of a friend told us about finally came to look at the fridge and they paid us the$40 instead. Whew.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment