8.05.2005

RENT (can music BE more inspiring?)

Maybe a few of you have heard by now... they're making the rock opera RENT into a movie. I think it's going to be fantastic! Though I never saw Rent at a theater, I at least know what it is and the main story line and that it's a musical.
I've seen the preview in the theater. I happened to be going to a chick flick and there were mother's with young girls and kids there. I heard multiple comments of, "Ew, what's that?" "I'm not seeing THAT." Etc. Okay, so maybe it's not their thing, musicals, stories told in song and dancing and all that. But to not even have heard of it? To not know anything about it? I was shocked. Maybe I was instilled with music and all it is more than the average family; but I knew what it was. I knew it was a famous musical on Broadway about young people, some of whom have AIDs and die. I knew that in junior high. Course that might have been when it was having it's hey-day in New York. I don't really know why, but it bugs me. I've never been to a Broadway show but at least I've heard of the most famous ones and have longed to see them in their glory.
When I have a family, they're gonna be exposed to stuff like that. I'll probably make up a Trivia game called Things that are Important to Caryn and make them learn all the answers. :)
So any of you family out there or just random people reading my humble blog, see RENT! It opens on Thanksgiving. I'm going, wanna come with?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sad to say, I'd never heard of it either.

Anonymous said...

Cities fund, embrace blogs in marketing
In the first entry of her 2-month-old blog, or Web diary, Erin Leffelman announces she's on a "one-woman mission ... to spread the word about the kickin outdoor recreation scene in and around Milwaukee" -- a ...
Lookin good, loved your blog site! Bookmarked it.

I have a Modern Ceiling Fan site/blog. It pretty much covers Modern Ceiling Fan related stuff.

Come see it when you get time.