6.03.2005

Le Weekend

Well the last one was fast but great.
Went to Portland for the Kelly Clarkson concert. Yeay! It was really fun. Pretty different than I expected though. I was looking for the glitz and glamour; but it seemed kinda thrown together. Her stage decor/props were Indian looking; rugs covering half the stage so she could go barefoot. Pillows everywhere. And then there were these large hanging lanterns. When they lit up they were really neat. But it was kind of ho-hum. Nothing really spectacular. After the opening act, the Graham Colton Band, it was half an hour before she started her show. And the stage hands just came out and moved stuff around setting up, taking down; really left nothing to the imagination, no mystery there.
She sang all the good songs: Beautiful Disaster, Thankful, Miss Independent, Just Missed the Train. She had a couple new ones she sang with just an acoustic guitar; then a medley of her slower songs, and some oldies, a Janis Joplin tune. It didn't seem long enough. But she really did sing a lot of songs. She talked in between a few of them but with the sound the way it was, it was hard to understand her. She took a little girl up on stage that had a sign saying she knew all the words to Kelly's songs. Then she had her sing with her. Was very cute.

We were really hungry afterwards and ended up at Wendy's. A frosty has healing powers. Not to mention enough fat and calories to sustain an elephant.
Staying with Dad was nice. His house is getting more and more polished. They're putting up some screens and other outdoor things to mark out there lawn area and walkways. It's very pretty but they're making it even better.
Sunday was great fun shopping with Mom. We decided to forego the Goodwill this time and hit the mall. Of course didn't find anything; just new bras. You can never have too many pairs of underwear, right?
So this weekend, it's back to Portland for Genessa's engagement party. Should be quite fun. They want E and I to come down tomorrow and join the other married's for movies and such. Hmm.. can't quite decide. I desperately need to clean the house and finish laundry, wash the dishes, mow the lawn, edge it, the list goes on and on. I'm pretty sure this here woman won't move a muscle even if she does stay home to do chores. Ack. Just can't get the connection between mind and muscle to happen.
Was surfing online last night and found this. Mighty interesting. Ethan doesn't think it sounds so great. I don't think the blog really appeals to him. I asked Christi to go with me but she'll be in CT. I really did create this blog for a number of reasons: to vent (very important), to get some sort of feedback on my freaky thoughts (family or otherwise) and to try to connect to other bloggers. Even if they were only people I already knew that just created a blog because I had one. The conference sounds tailored to those goals. Plus I could get some new ideas about adding or organizing content. Fun ways to add pictures, sound, whatever. I'd like to get more techy with it. hehe, techy with it. For now I'll pine...

No comments: