6.15.2005

and then came last week

So that was a week ago Saturday. Sunday afternoon was the actual engagement party. Which went very well. Toasts and burgers and gifts and lots of friends and family.
Then came last week.
I had Monday off to be able to get some sleep before driving home; but we drove home anyway. Our own bed was much more alluring then the comfy-but-still-an-air-matress at mom's. So off we went. Actually got home just before midnight; not too bad.
So Monday we did NOTHING. I think I finished (and of course started) two books. We went out to eat I think. And took a nap. Then I worked early and late every day last week to make my 40 hours. Ew. But it turned out alright.
I mowed on Friday night. Raked the grass and dug out another section of the weed infested yard on Saturday. Oh, sometime during the week I listed all the STUPID rocks we had in our yard on our local freecycle site. 5 different people replied that they were interested; and 3 actually showed up on different days to take a TON of them away. They're almost all gone. One lady even dug out some flowers and some of my more hideous bushes. She was really happy to have them. She lives out Westin way and is in the process of landscaping 5 acres. She wants to have a certain area of it looking great for people to puruse; she's starting a small nursery. I loved it! Rock on Freecycle.
Below are also some updates on the house rennovations. Entertainment center is pretty much all done. We need to seal parts of it still but all the pieces are cut and attached. Our DVDs don't even fill 2 drawers; so the rest are storage right now. Next will be the last bookshelf. Then extending the roof over the bathroom; ripping out and replacing pretty much everything IN the bathroom and moving the water heater into the crawl space. It's hogging all the floor space in the bathroom right now. Whew. We need money.
Hmm... what else has happened.
Oh, I've been researching a bunch of MBA schools. Trying to decide what further education would best benefit me and my employer (i.e. my income). I'm still not sure. The programs I like the most are PSU's online MBA, and the local CC's AAAS. I know pretty different. I'm not sure an MBA is necessary. We'll see.

1 comment:

LadyBoyd said...

That was a fun weekend! You coming to see me at the 4th of July?! :-D