Words semi-escape me. Describing my new job after one day, eight blissful hours, seems rude, arrogant but oddly peaceful compared to the hectic, cramped, and oh-so-aggravating memory of my previous job. It was great. I did almost nothing. And yet the pace was seen as harried, and "lots" of phone calls by my fellow worklings. They are nice ladies. Haven't really been able to get to know them yet; but nothing to annoy or hate yet. All good signs. The official count of fellow employees in the same building with me is: hmm, can 7 be right? Not counting me of course. And one of those will leave upon his impending retirement whereupon he will travel, redo his wife's bathroom, organize his garage and other similar, happy tasks.
A sadder note: still have to report for jury duty April 21st. Yes, I was summoned. Darn the luck. I was actually looking forward to it. Before they told me it might last five weeks. Ugh. Apparently, I can still be excused, but only by the judge. So have to show up that day and spead in person. In Richland. An hour away. Argh. Early mornings are not my thing.
I've never served on a jury before and since the hubby's experience was so interesting (at least from the outside looking in on his story) I thought, what the hell. Maybe it won't be tedious; maybe I'll actually get to help decide some good things in regards to this society I claim to be a part of. Hmpf.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment