I've begun to think of holidays. Halloween isn't an all out holiday in our house, so next up is Thanksgiving. We'd like to stay put this year but would love to have some company! We've got a guest room that's fab and I make some mean cashew patties. Anybody family/friends interested?
What are your plans? Are you headed to a big HUGE GINORMOUS family gathering where people are welcome off the street? Or do you do things small and cozy? Tell me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Looks like this year will be the big and crazy in Chattanooga again for us. We can't really afford to do any "real" traveling...
Thanksgiving is usually a day we spend celebrating vegan food (and therefore a lack of cruelty!) with our chosen family that lives close by. Each year, the numbers vary, but we love to have people over. It just seems like such a cozy wonderful day to share with people we care about.
I'd love to hear what you're planning for food! Maybe we can swap recipes.
To-Fu -- so far our menu plans include cashew patties (which I may make veggie but not vegan), mashed potatoes, pineapple-yams dish, gravy, cranberry jelly, martinelli's, stuffing (most likely a box mix, but could be organic/natural) and um, pickles. Pumpkin pie! and um, broccoli or green beans, maybe a salad, rolls of some sort possibly bread made by Ethan,.
I'd love to share recipes! I found the yam recipe online a few years and LOVE it. It's super yummy.
Post a Comment