4.07.2008

ah, sleep

Oh dear Friend, how I have missed you! [yawn]

O went down about 6 pm last night, we thought for a nap. Turns out that boy was VERY tired. He is currently still asleep and it's after 7 am. I laid down at about 7 last night and woke up a few times, thinking I should get out of my jeans, but I slept until 5 this morning. Whee! :) I shed those rivets and cuddled back in with my hubby for a few hours.

I'll be posting some pictures and videos later today and this week but here's the highlights of our trip:

We met Ella! She is a cutie. I have already forgotten how small and smooshy O used to be. Newborns need a lot of holding but are so smooshable you don't mind; that is unless you're mama and you're having to feed said lump ALL THE TIME.

I get sick! I was not a cutie. I tossed my cookies big time. Think it was something I caught before I left as it was from both ends and I can trace my wobbly tummy for a few days before the tossing. Since I was incapacitated for a whole day, Mom got to take care of O pretty much exclusively for 24 hours. I was so weak I didn't want to even pick him up in case I dropped him.


Mom gets sick! Thankfully I was mostly well by then and could then take over with O. Gah the sickness. Gah gah gah. Thank goodness C and A have cable.

O gets solid food! He was a cutie. He didn't really react to his first taste of sweet potatoes. He seemed to like the spoon much more than the stuff on it. And he burped the sweet potatoes later so his tummy didn't really care for them either. But it's all on my camera and will be uploaded for maximum viewing later.

Our plane is delayed. A lot. This was not cute. We were stuck in the Denver airport for much longer than expected and didn't even land in PDX until 9 pm. We were supposed to arrive at 7:30. Mom and I were so glad for Claire's hospitality, even though she wasn't at her house.

And that's the news for now.

1 comment:

Xboyd said...

I love your blog. Keep it going, sweetie.