I was really looking forward to seeing some old friends and catching up. I only saw a few but it was fun! About six of us showed for the church service on Sabbath morning. You can see a forced photo op here. From left to right: me, Genessa (married), Jorge (married with adorable daughter), Grant (has significant other, a son and another on the way), Stephanie (married), and Matthew (married with infant daughter). What's amazing to me about this group is we all seem so stable and happy, with newly created families. Our teenage years seemed pretty far away that morning.
But then there was the evening. Rumor had it that one of our classmates was supposed to be organizing a get-together. We arrived to no reservations or even knowledge of us coming, all meeting/banquet rooms taken and a hour or more weight for a table in the regular restaurant. Miscommunication definitely paid a role.
Because there had been that rumor though, more people showed. I got to see some pretty fantastic folks. Here's some pics:
My best bud Heather! So glad she got a few hours to meet us!
Let's see if I can go around the table: blowing a kiss is my little cousin Stacey (not from our class), then Ethan (yeay for longsuffering hubby's!), my seat, Heather (single and looking), Grant, Bethany (his sig other), Mike (single, took me to my Jr Banquet - 50s style!), Murray (Genessa's hubby), Genessa, Henry (Steph's hubby), Stephanie, Julie (single and a cop), two friends of Julie's that didn't go to our school at all, and Josh (single, known him since 2nd grade).

View from the other end of the table.
All in all it wasn't really bad. I was just hoping for more people. More stories. Guess I'll have to get them after another 10 years. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment