I took an afternoon nap today. Got cold and bored and thought, "I'll curl up in bed with one of my puzzle books for a bit." Well, of course the ol' eyelids just shut down and before I knew it I was in Dreamland.
Now of course, only certain things from Dreamland stay with me. Here is what I remember:
I was at some sort of function, with various college friends and family there. We roused Brother up on stage where we wanted him to play some of his new songs for us. I hustle to set up a back table; I'm gonna sell his new home-made cds and tapes. I pass my cousin at a table, tweaking her hair. I share a conspiratorial smile with another cousin. We start playing some sort of video footage with Brother's music. He and his wife ice skating. She is nearby and tells me "they" (I understand she means Brother's manager or recording people) let one of their kids take still pictures of them while they skated around, so the video would have some cute kid snapping away at them as they skate together.
One of the cds is Halloween themed, but in the video Brother's wife wears some sort of bunny and carrot necklace for Easter.
His songs are really good and everyone is buying them. And we are proud.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment