8.29.2006

Procrastination takes the cake

So it's really been awhile since the whole packing-up-mom-for-the-move thing happened.. but here you go. It was a whirlwind and yet when I left I wasn't sure she'd be really packed. There was a lot more to do than I think we thought. However, I gotta give props for the sparkling organization of the basement. About 20 plastic containers all labeled and sorted of her teaching toys and such. Well done. And I found some of my stuff there ... still! I really couldn't believe that it was still there... thought I'd wrenched all my stuff out of there. Whew.
Mom is now safe in OH and getting settled. Haven't heard from her in a few days but I think she started her new job yesterday so that's a whole other thing she's getting used to. Go Mom!

2 comments:

Tricorum Satisdee said...

Just letting you know that your mom is doing fairly peachy... she's used our computer once to check her email and she'll be up and blogging/calling/emailing soon!
I swear!

Xboyd said...

Did I tell you how thankful I was for your help? I was...and am! As I continue to unpack the small boxes, I'm glad you were there first to pack my more personal stuff! I've had a bit of time to reflect on that whole experience of moving and it still overwhelms me that it was actually accomplished!