1.31.2006

January

Just to make sure there's at least one post DURING the month of January, here I am typing away. The bathroom renovations have taken over my life, and my house.
I PROMISE I'll post pictures; but right now it's just too overwhelming to really get into. Here's the gist:
Gutted ENTIRE bathroom, walls, insulation, appliances, flooring, subflooring.
Replaced water damaged floor joists and wall studs.
Plumber repiped EVERYTHING in bathroom and threw in a new pipe from the hot water heater to the kitchen too!
Replaced floor insulation, installed subflooring. Plumber installed new two-piece tub.
Took out one window; found it did NOT have frame was BUILT into the the wall. So now there's a gaping hole. New framing done for new back door.
Installed water heater in new location.
Installed new washer and dryer so I could wash every piece of clothing I own, but they're not in their final placements yet. They will eventually be stacked like they're designed to be.
Rewired outlets, switches and new light for bathroom (partially done).
Drywalled, taped, spackled laundry side of shared bathroom wall.

House status:
Kitchen taken over by huge roll of linoleum, spare insulation, 9.5 pieces of drywall and greenboard, everything that we had to take out of the laundry room, and the new toilet base.
Entry way taken over by box containing new vanity, empty box from the washer, lumber for the new entry way wall to bathroom, lumber for the storage area at the end of the tub, miscellaneous tools, trash and Home Depot purchases, the old towel cupboard from the bathroom and the wire shelf that was in the bathroom, and rolled up hallway rug.
Bedroom smooshed with extra storage boxes taken out of laundry, and all the bathroom storage things that were either under the old sink or sitting in random places.
Loft is only slightly cluttered with some boxes that were on the shelf in the laundry.
Bathroom has the new tub, one chair for standing on, a HUGE roll of new insulation for the walls, and stacked stuff for Ethan to stand on and get in the ceiling. And more miscellaneous tools.

2 comments:

LadyBoyd said...

CRAAAAZZYYYY!!!!! Im glad you guys are getting there... Here's hoping the rest of the project ZOOMS by and you have your beautiful bath in no time. :-)

Tricorum Satisdee said...

Oh, how I WISH I could go through the financial and emotional trauma-lama-ding-dong of having a house renovated (or at least PART of a house). See, you've never SEEN my apartment, and it's TINY. WEE, even.