This weekend was a whirlwind. Time slowed, swished by, and stood still.
E and I drove to Portland for my cousin's wedding. Here's her new husband when he was still a to-be. I thought I had expounded literary like on their meeting and nuptials but it appears my blog is very bereft of thought on their situation.
A year ago, say November-ish, I believe, they met online, playing card games and the like. They hit it off so well they began to email each other, then call, then it was calling EVERY day. Try connecting with someone that often when their time zone is pretty much backwards from your's. He lived in London.
At Christmas time she told me she'd "met someone." Then she told me how. Then she told me she was in love. Whoa. Very skeptical here, since I've had other friends meet people online in similar ways and it was a NIGHTMARE. Or really just so much less than real when they actually met in person. But she had decided to fly to meet him and stay with him for 2 weeks BY HERSELF. I was freaking out for her but didn't really say anything. We used to be so close we could finish each other sentences, joined at the hip and the like. But in the last few years, college really, we've been less than close. Sometimes not in contact with each other for months or almost a year at a time. So I didn't want to come on too strong or anything.
She went. She came back with a ring on her finger.
And she was ecstatic. REALLY happy. More than I have seen her in a very long time. I knew it was a good thing thru and thru when I met him. He's different physically than I pictured in my head but oh so much more than I could ask for, for my dear cousin, in personality and kindness.
Murray is a grand addition to our family tree. I would love to meet his family but they were unable to fly over for the party-ing. That was really the only sad thing about the whole weekend.
It was beautiful! I'll try to get all my pictures downloaded and posted tonight. Course that'll be after the grocery shopping and general cleaning and unpacking... sheesh.
Stay tuned for the Time Warp portion of the wedding.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Okay, write some more in your blog so I know what you are thinking/doing. I love you.
Post a Comment