4.19.2005

The Sickness Returns

Hello folks. I stayed home again today. Head cold and sneezes and coughs oh my. Not fun. And probably won't be able to take sick time as I don't have any because, hmm... only been working for new boss for oh, 6 days. Sniffle.
I was completely unstressed about calling in and saying I was sick because I can tell already they'd rather have me at full steam than sick. And they care that I'm feeling good too. They keep asking me if I still like it. What's not to like? I'm about 6 times LESS busy. I can check my email and surf the web and not feel guilty. Ah, the joys of happy employment.
And oh, I still get to play in the Balloon Stampede Volleyball Tourney! E and I usually play on the City's team but since I don't work there anymore I thought I'd try to get the Port to get a team together. I think it was too short of notice; plus there's only about 7 people in that building so getting a 6 person team together is a bit much. But I was told we'd get to play on a City team anyway! Yeay! It's so fun.
In the annoying department, I still have to show up for jury duty Thursday. I'm hoping I can get the judge to excuse me for two reasons: 1) I will not have transportation all next week. Ethan will have the car on a business/personal trip to Canada/California.
and 2) I just started a new job and a five week trial would be an undue hardship. Cross your fingers for me!
(cough cough) (hack hack) more later.

No comments: