My laundry room has walls! Yeay! We got a closet rod up in the hall closet - and I convinced E to take that one and give up the bedroom one. It's bigger.. and I have more clothes.. hehe.
So I feel much more settled. I can find the washer/dryer easily and we moved a bunch of the boxes to the storage area under the eaves. [sigh]
Cats are fine. Husband's good. We're settling. Still have a few things for our next Home Depot trip. Some sort of closet hooks for sweaters and coats inside the door. Special drill bit to install the closet door knob. And more wood for the built in shelves. We got enough for the other bookcases but there's still the entertainment center one to get things for. I think we've got it all planned out though.
Wish me luck people. I am applying for a new job. Seems like a good fit for my experience while I can learn some new things and applications of the stuff I already know. We'll see. I probly won't hear anything about it for a few weeks, then if I get an interview, maybe a few weeks more. Argh. But I'm putting myself out there.
The great part is I got FANtastic recommendations from my previous supervisors and their words encouraged me SO much. Just reminds me how much I am valued and capable of even if current work acquaintances don't say so. It just felt so great to read the great things they said. Almost brought a tear to my eye. You can probly chalk that up to me being a sap though. :)
AND I lost one and a half pounds this week at weigh in. So we're going in the right direction again. Course this is losing that AGAIN cause I gained it back a couple times I think. Plecgh. But still, right direction. Summer always lends itself to better eating anyway, what with all the fresh stuff so readily available and in such great shape. Makes me salivate just to think of all the ripe from the fields berries and fruit, and all those garden veggies from Klickers. Yumm.
Headed to Portland this weekend to see the fam. Hoped to stay with the Dadders but new wife is sick (two weeks already, that nasty flu going around) and he's out of town one of the days we'll be there so no deal. That's okay I'll still get to see him probly Sunday morning for breakfast before we head out of town. We're getting together for my bro's and my birthday. Same day, four years apart. I know, you're thinking, Impossible! Evidently not. Check with the Mom on that one. So the four of us ( me and E, C and A) will be hunkering down in Mom's living room. Small space but big hearts and laughs I'm sure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh no! Here you had made so many plans already and we had to change them. :-( Im glad we still get to see you guys though... Andy has to go into work at the hospital on Sunday, AND get work done at home, so having everyone here is the only way we can get together... and he leaves again a week from Friday! >sigh< ahh, the life of a navy widow...
Post a Comment